|Connecticut Greenbank/CT CEFIA
CT Greenbank, CT CEFIA
Connecticut Greenbank/CT CEFIA (2011 to present)
The Connecticut Green Bank (CT Green Bank) was established through Public Act 11-80, in July 2011. Formerly known as the Clean Energy Finance and Investment Authority (CEFIA), CT Green Bank is the nationís first full-scale Green Bank, leveraging public and private funds to drive investment and scale up clean energy deployment across the state. The CT Green Bank supports the Governorís and Legislatureís energy strategy to achieve cleaner, more affordable, and more reliable sources of energy while creating jobs and supporting local economic development. Its mission is to confront climate change and provide all of society a healthier and more prosperous future by increasing and accelerating the flow of private capital into markets that energize the green economy.
Raab Associates has been retained on five separate occasions to help design and then facilitate strategic planning retreats for CEFIA and then the CT Green Bank:
1) In November 2011, Dr. Raab facilitated a two-day strategic planning retreat for CEFIA at the Pocantico Conference Center. The purpose of the retreat was to identify the CEFIA's mandate, and purpose, and to clarify and prioritize its vision, goals and timeline for furthering energy efficiency and renewable energy in Connecticut through financial investment.
2) A follow up retreat took place in February 2012, to finalize CEFIAís work plan.
3) In September 2017, Raab Associates facilitated a day-long, strategic planning retreat for CT Green Bank in New Haven. During the retreat, senior staff used a variety of techniques to explore the Bankís recent achievements and shortcomings in each of the sectors in its portfolio; its leadership role in the Green Bank movement both domestically and internationally; and its policy/legislative priorities.
4) In February 2019, Raab Associates facilitated a two-day strategic planning retreat for the CT Green Bank at Pocantico. During the retreat, senior staff, the Bankís Board, and key outside stakeholders employed a variety of exercises to explore how the bank can continue to increase its leveraging of public funds to help Connecticut meet its aggressive climate and sustainability mandates.
5) In April 2022, Raab Associates facilitated a two-day strategic planning retreat for the organization at Pocantico. The retreat focused on CT Green Bankís expanding scope, which now includes environmental infrastructure, in addition to its original focus on clean energy.